This play is much more challenging than the first and is a true theatre piece that includes not only the spoken word but musical and dance components as well. It's a wonderful story that contains a message about the importance of believing in oneself and what true friendship is all about.
Based on the Accelerative Integrated Method(AIM), “Veux-tu danser?” is the 2nd kit in the “Jeunesse en action!”series for Secondary French students. Students who have completed the first kit can continue their rapid fluency development in “Veux-tu danser?”As in the first kit, vocabulary and grammatical structures are introduced and reinforced through gestures, drama and songs. Your class will love the fast-paced and funny play about a high school student who wins a girl's heart with his talent and his caring attitude.
This program enables the students to:
- Express themselves orally in French from the first lesson, using high-frequency vocabulary
- Learn vocabulary in visual, auditory and kinaesthetic ways
- Participate in literature and drama based activities in the target language
- Learn to think and write creatively, while practising oral communication
- Engage in activities that support Balanced Literacyin FSL
- Be part of a "learning community"
- Learn to apply and understand grammar concepts through error analysis
Examples of some of the grammar, language conventions and vocabulary in this kit:
- Present tense of irregular verbs including vouloir, pouvoir, partir, sortir and devoir with both singular and plural subjects
- Double-verb constructions, le passé
- Aller plus infinitive to form le futur proche
- Agreement of verb with compound subject
- Imperative of some regular -er, -ir and -re verbs
- Demonstrative and possessive adjectives
- Adjectives that precede the noun
- Object pronouns
- Singular and plural, feminine and masculine of some irregular adjectives and agreement in number and gender
- Subject-verb inversions
- The prepositions à and de plus the definite article
- Basic vocabulary (e.g. numbers from 0 to 1000; words associated with the arts, sports, food, hobbies)
- Vocabulary from the unit under study
- Use of related spelling patterns and sounds associated with accents
- Use of resources (e.g. text, personal dictionary)
Supplementary activities for advanced FSL students in this kit:
- Creative writing activities such as “Les gens en action!”, writing a rap “d'entrée en classe”; and book reports.
Each kit (a 50-hour course) in the Jeunesse en action! series contains:
- Whole-Class Activities Book
- Program guide
- 'Big Book' and PowerPoint™ presentation of the play
- Partner/Group Activities Book on blackline masters containing a vast choice of activities for individual, partner or group tasks
- Assessment Activities Book
- Audio CD, containing songs, raps, and sound effects
- Posters of rap and song lyrics
- DVD, containing gestures, plays, raps and dances, as well as an extensive instructional component that models each classroom activity in-depth;
- Student DVD
- Student textbook
- Game cards and...
- Suggestions for Balanced Literacy activities.